Notifications
Clear all

Visa for Older Parents - Subclass 804 - "Form 47A"

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@supermarcello)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I hope you're all doing well. I'm in the process of applying for my mom's onshore aged parent visa, which is subclass 804. There are a couple of questions that are a bit confusing, and I would really appreciate it if someone who has a good understanding or experience with this could point me in the right direction.

1. In Form 47PA, Part H, Question 57 says: "Provide information about ALL of your and/or your partner's family unit members who are 18 years old or above. Only include passport details for the family unit members who are moving to Australia with you. Each member of the family unit who is 18 years old or above and is listed below, whether they are moving to Australia or not, must also fill out a separate form called 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over."

The way I understand it is that we don't need to fill in the details of family members who are over 23 years old, independent, not moving to Australia, or married. And of course, we don't need to submit Form 47A for them either. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding this.

1. We will only provide details of all children in Part J - Details of Other Family members, Question 60, where it says: Your Children (including step children from both current and previous marriages/relationships and the Child sponsoring this application)

Please let me know if I'm getting this wrong. Thanks!

(@mramazing)

The form states very plainly that every person who is part of the family unit and is 18 years old or older, regardless of whether they are moving to Australia or staying put, has to fill out their own separate Form 47A.

ReplyQuote
Share: