Clear all

What you need for medical exams when applying for a visa

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@bhrotainfangorn)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I want to know if having mild scoliosis (a curved spine) causes any problems with the medical exams for a visa.

I'm trying to get a student visa right now, but I also want to know about other options.

Are the medical requirements the same for other work visas too?

What about PR?

Australia Made Simple
(@ams-migrate)
Member Admin

The medical requirements for temporary visas aren't as strict as the ones for PR visas. It all depends on how much any treatment would cost and if you can get the resources you need.

Mild forms of scoliosis are pretty common and usually stable, so they shouldn't cause any problems, but everyone's situation is different.

ReplyQuote
(@bhrotainfangorn)
Topic starter  

Okay, got it.

Do you know where I could find clear information about the health requirements?

I looked at a lot of documents and emailed the high commission, but they didn't reply.

Apparently, they don't give migration advice before you apply.

Any idea how I could get answers to my questions?

ReplyQuote
(@religiousdusgaidh)

Get in touch with a registered migration agent who knows a lot about medical issues

ReplyQuote
Australia Made Simple
(@ams-migrate)
Member Admin

Do you need ongoing treatment for your condition? Is it likely to cause problems in the future that will need expensive treatment? If you're likely to be a burden on the Australian healthcare system, then you probably won't get a visa. But if you just have a mild health issue that won't cause any problems, you'll be okay.

ReplyQuote
(@acyclovirviz)

They'll look at how much it's likely to cost during the time you have the visa. For a student visa and the condition you mentioned, you probably won't have any trouble.

ReplyQuote
(@bhrotainfangorn)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the response.

What about PR or the 491 visa?

And I don't:

1. Need ongoing treatment
  2. I don't know, mild scoliosis isn't really a big deal, but I'm worried about how the visa officials might see it.
  3. I'm a dentist, I go to work every day, and I don't have any problems related to my scoliosis.

Do you know who I should talk to about this to get an official answer or statement?

ReplyQuote
Australia Made Simple
(@ams-migrate)
Member Admin

It's the same thing. Immigration will consider how much the treatment you'll need for your condition is likely to cost. It's unlikely that you'll ever need treatment for mild scoliosis, so it's not a problem.

ReplyQuote
Share: