Notifications
Clear all

Can I work after I complete my studies

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@daydreamerdani)
Topic starter  

I'm going to complete my Bachelor's degree in August, and I'm interested in pursuing a Master's degree at the same institution starting in September. I've already submitted my visa application and noticed that a bridging visa has been granted, but I'm unsure about the work rights associated with it. The online information is quite confusing to me. Am I allowed to continue working after I finish my studies in August? Are there any limitations on my working hours during the semester break? Any help would be appreciated.

This topic was modified 1 month ago by DaydreamerDani

(@cosmiclatte)

Your bridging visa will only become active once your current visa expires. Until then, you are required to adhere to the conditions of your current visa and any subsequent visa that may be granted.

ReplyQuote
(@daydreamerdani)
Topic starter  

Does that imply that I can work an unlimited number of hours during the semester break?

ReplyQuote
(@cosmiclatte)

Yes, you are permitted to work without any hourly restrictions when your course is not in session and your visa is active. However, if you are granted a new student visa, it's advisable to wait until your new course begins before resuming work.

ReplyQuote
(@serendipityseeker77)

I have a question: if I come to Australia to take a hair stylist course, can my spouse and children also obtain visas to accompany me?

ReplyQuote
(@cosmiclatte)

It's likely possible, but it would be quite expensive, and there's no definite timeline for when student travel will resume.

ReplyQuote
(@redflute)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @cosmiclatte

It's likely possible, but it would be quite expensive, and there's no definite timeline for when student travel will resume.

Are you asking if he can bring his family along, or are you inquiring about his ability to work after completing the course?

ReplyQuote
(@cosmiclatte)

There were two different posters:

In the circumstances described, it is legally feasible to include family members, but it would likely be a costly and time-consuming endeavor that may not be worthwhile.

The work rights are as I explained earlier, with slightly fewer restrictions for those pursuing a Master's degree by research.

ReplyQuote
Share: