Clear all

Dependent on student visa study allowance + Masters

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@amethystaurora6)
Topic starter  

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some guidance on two matters:

1. Is it possible for the husband (subsequent applicant) of a Student (subclass 600 visa for postgraduate studies) to study full-time? I'm aware that he would be able to work full-time, but would he need to switch to a student visa before engaging in full-time study?
  2. Would it be a wise decision to pursue a Masters in IT (approximately 1 year) followed by a Masters by Research (Master of Philosophy, roughly 1 year)? The idea is that, in the future, this would cover the 2-year study requirement and also provide extra points for having completed a "research" degree.

Thanks in advance!

(@redflute)
Trusted Member

The husband needs to adhere to the conditions specified in the grant letter of the visa he is currently holding. The specific conditions should be clearly outlined in that document.

ReplyQuote
(@amethystaurora6)
Topic starter  

Posted by: @redflute

The husband needs to adhere to the conditions specified in the grant letter of the visa he is currently holding. The specific conditions should be clearly outlined in that document.

That's precisely what I was curious about... what are the usual conditions? Are there typically restrictions on study, or does it always vary?

Also, any thoughts on my second question?

ReplyQuote
Share: