Notifications
Clear all

Transitioning from 482 to ENS and University Study Considerations

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@thunderbolttango)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, as a newcomer to this forum, I apologize in advance if I'm raising questions that have already been addressed.

In September 2023, I accepted a position on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) in regional Victoria and currently hold a subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa. I'm now ready to proceed with an Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) application, which I intend to work on from July 1st onward, as we've been informed about potential changes that may take effect on that date.

I have the following process in mind and would like to know the expected timeline, as we have a child planning to start university next year, and we want to avoid international student fees. Additionally, there are other factors that come into play once you have permanent residency (PR), such as obtaining a mortgage, etc.

1. Submit my qualifications to VETASSESS for evaluation
  2. Apply for ENS

I'm eager to receive as much feedback as possible. Thank you in advance!

This topic was modified 1 month ago by ThunderboltTango

(@redflute)
Trusted Member

There's more to the ENS application than just a skills assessment, but based on the information you've provided, it's difficult to offer further comments.

ReplyQuote
Australia Made Simple
(@ams-migrate)
Member Admin

Posted by: @thunderbolttango

In September 2023, I accepted a position on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) in regional Victoria and currently hold a subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa. I'm now ready to proceed with an Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) application, which I intend to work on from July 1st onward, as we've been informed about potential changes that may take effect on that date.

I have the following process in mind and would like to know the expected timeline, as we have a child planning to start university next year, and we want to avoid international student fees.

Your employer will need to engage an agent to handle their side of the paperwork. I suggest asking your employer to consult their agent for an estimate of how long the process is likely to take in your specific case. Judging by the experiences shared by others on this forum, the timeline can vary significantly, so it's challenging to provide a precise answer.

ReplyQuote
(@thunderbolttango)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, I apologize for the incomplete information in my previous post. My situation has evolved, and I would appreciate your advice. Please feel free to point out anything I may have overlooked.

I am seeking guidance on the quickest and most reliable path to obtaining permanent residency in Australia based on the following scenarios:

We have three children aged 17, 13, and 9. Our eldest will turn 18 in February, and the plan is for her to attend university next year. I began working for a construction company in Ballarat (regional Victoria) as a Contracts Administrator at the end of September 2023 on a 2-year TSS visa. (From my understanding, unless I revert to being a Project Manager, a role in which I have several years of experience, there seems to be no other way for me to obtain PR here, as there appears to be a 3-year service requirement with the regional sponsor for the subclass 187 visa option). I hold an overseas Project Management certification and will complete an MBA from a UK institution by early next year. I will be turning 44 in December, and my wife will be 44 in May. Apart from being South African citizens, my family and I are also New Zealand residents.

1. Am I currently eligible to apply for the subclass 187 visa if I remain in my present position with the company in Ballarat, earning a salary of 75k + car?
  2. If the opportunity arises to move into a Project Manager role within my current employment mentioned in point (1), how would that change my situation?
  3. I have a potential offer in Melbourne as a Project Manager with a salary of 80k + car. Could you advise if this would enhance my options?

ReplyQuote
Share: